About Me

My photo
I love using paint and paper to create a cozy cottage feel for my home. I am wife to an amazing man and mother to a very creative 7 year old.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Surprise! It's Kelly Marie's Birthday Party Blog Hop!



 

Welcome all of you from Kelly Marie's Birthday Party Blog Hop!  If you are following along on the blog hop, you just came from Tiffany's Blog.

I am so excited to be a part of this blog hop.  First, because Kelly is a really good friend of mine. I am so blessed by her friendship...she is so sweet!   Secondly, this is my first blog hop ever!  I was so excited to be invited to participate...I just started this blog in June so this is all still very new to me.

Here is the card I made for Kelly:


For my background papers I decided to go with teal and yellow since I know Kelly likes those colors (and so do I!).  I was inspired by all the chalkboard art I have been seeing on Pinterest, so I combined several different sets to come up with a similar look.  I just rubbed a piece of chalk on the paper to complete.  I had to add some of the new silver sparkle Lawn Trimmings...I love it!

I love the vintage look of galvanized metal so I took some Pumice Stone Distress Ink and rubbed it directly onto white cardstock.  After that, I sprayed it with water mixed with some Perfect Pearls.  I then used the stars included in the Stitched Journaling Die Set to cut out these adorable tiny stars.  It's hard to see in photo, but they really do look like they are made of metal.  I think they add a nice touch!

Happy Birthday, Kelly!!!  Hope you enjoy an amazing day!



Make sure you visit all the blogs in today's hop!  So much inspiration and creativity!  Your next stop on the hop is Laurel's Blog



34 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the chalkboard greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Kelly Marie, one of the sweetest people in the world ! Your card is lovely and I am sure she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet birthday card! The blackboard looks great and I really like that you used a whole bunch of fonts on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chalkboard effect you used on your card! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so totally adorable.. Happy birthday Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw!! Love the chalkboard feel of your card!!! So wonderful and cool!! And awesome job on your first hop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sets you used to make your chalkboard art! Your card is so fun and fresh! Thanks for joining us and for making Kelly's birthday over-the-top special :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creativity shines again, Deb! The colors and embellishments are perfect for the vintage look chalkboard. I'm sure that Kelly will be delighted with your Birthday greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your chalk art :) i have to still try that technique myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it that you're hosting a hop in honor of Kelly Marie! So sweet, and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it that you're hosting a birthday hop for Kelly Marie, and your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi deb! Love your card! Great use of the border stamp! Clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card, Deb! I love the chalkboard look and the cute stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely!! The mix of fonts is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Deb!!! I love chalkboard themes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute card! love all the different fonts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a darling card! Love that photo of you and the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card! Love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet! I love that chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card! I love the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great color combo and I LOVE the chalkboard art!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Fantastic chalk card! she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is so amazing, Deb! It is even more gorgeous in person. I am so blessed to know you, too! Thank you so much for making my day so very special!

    ReplyDelete