About Me

My photo
I love using paint and paper to create a cozy cottage feel for my home. I am wife to an amazing man and mother to a very creative 7 year old.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Cabin Style


This card reminds me of my first son's nursery.  We decorated it with a cabin theme with moose and bears.

I love using kraft cardstock as a base for cards...especially this one!  I used this adorable bear from Lawn Fawn's I Love You S'more stamp set.  I again used gamisol to blend colored pencils...I am really loving this technique!  I stamped 2 little pine trees in the background using Hero Arts Shadow Inks.  I used Distress Ink to give the image a vintage look (I am addicted to Distress Inks!).

To finish off the card I used some strips of patterned paper and used twine and a wooden leaf on top.  I colored the wooded leaf by pressing it directly into the ink pad I used to stamp the trees. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment