About Me

My photo
I love using paint and paper to create a cozy cottage feel for my home. I am wife to an amazing man and mother to a very creative 7 year old.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Headed to CHA

Tomorrow morning I am grabbing a flight to Las Vegas and heading to CHA (Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show)!  Woo hoo!  I am so excited.  This is truly a dream I never thought would actually ever happen.
As I shared in an earlier post, I had an amazing scrapbook store to go to when I lived in Ohio.  I became friends with the women who worked there and we used to talk about CHA and how fun it would be to go someday...
I would also see tons of pics on my favorite paper crafting blogs from CHA and wished I could go.  The tricky thing about CHA is that you can't just buy a ticket.  You need to be a member or be invited by a company to attend...none of which I ever thought would be possible.  Oh, yeah, the show was usually far away like in California!
In January of 2012 my dream of attending came true.  I was now living in California and my friend Molly was able to get us tickets through her sister's business.  The show was in Anaheim so it was local.  I was so excited...I loved every minute of it!  I was like a kid in a candy store.  There was so much to look at and inspiration was everywhere!
So here is the amazing part.  While walking through the show I saw a booth for Lawn Fawn.  I had heard of Lawn Fawn through a favorite blog (jennifermcguireink.typepad.com) so I had to stop and take a look.  I met Mike one of the owners and soon found out that he and his wife Kelly lived very close to where I live!  Over the next year Kelly and I became good friends.
Kelly is such a sweetheart and I am so thankful to have her as a friend.  She lets me hang out with her and I always have so much fun!
So when Kelly and Mike invited me to help them at this summer's CHA show I was so excited!  I can't believe that I get to go. 
I will be snapping a ton of pics and blogging about my whole trip when I get back.  Now I need to finish getting packed and sneak in extra snuggles with Cole before he goes to bed.

(sorry for lack of pics, I will make up for it in the next couple posts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment