About Me

My photo
I love using paint and paper to create a cozy cottage feel for my home. I am wife to an amazing man and mother to a very creative 7 year old.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Like Mother, Like Son

This week I hosted a craft night at my house.  I love hosting craft night.  Lots of good friends hanging out and talking...and getting some projects done too (well, some of us get stuff done!).  Here is Lisa.  She brought her own sewing machine and added fabric flowers made from scraps to a t-shirt.  I wish I had taken a pic of the finished product because it was super cute!




Here are Kelly and Molly.  Kelly worked on finishing a yarn wrapped wreath she had started at the last craft night.  Molly worked on cutting her kid's baby clothes into squares so that she can make a quilt out of them.


Kelly sent me this pic of her wreath hung up on her door.  So fun, right?

I took some other photos, but they didn't turn out so well...the lighting was funky.  I didn't get any crafting done, but I was able to work with my friends Brianne and Kelly to get some planning done for VBS crafts. 

When uploading pics I realized Cole has his own "craft night (day)" with his neighborhood friends recently! 


I've said it many times, but there's something about being creative and bonding with friends.  People open up when they are being creative and there's sharing of thoughts, dreams and ideas.  It's a great way to get to know people.  I am so thankful for the beautiful friendships God has provided me (and my son)!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer so that I could crash your crafty nights, they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! The colors are so happy, and I had the best time at craft night. It was just what I needed! :)

    ReplyDelete